Juicy for summer: Watermelon
Most of us will recall hot days eating watermelon wedges, with juice running down our arms, spitting pips onto the lawn, but did you know there are much more grown-up ways to use this refreshing summer fruit?
- Freeze watermelon chunks and mint leaves into ice cubes. Throw the cubes into summer refreshers, iced tea or cocktails.
- For a gorgeous summer salad, cut cubes of watermelon, avocado and feta, toss together with mint leaves and lightly drizzle with vinaigrette.
- Whip up a morning smoothie using fresh watermelon, strawberries, low-fat Greek yoghurt and a little grated fresh ginger.
- Salsa away — finely dice watermelon, capsicum and red onion. Add chopped coriander or mint, lime juice and pepper.
- Stick around for this one! Thread cubes of melon and feta on skewers with mint leaves in between. And check out our Melon skewers with berry swirl yoghurt recipe.