What to do with courgettes
Here are our five favourite ways to use courgettes.
- Add to other veges like capsicums, eggplant and tomatoes and grill on the barbecue until soft and caramelised. Serve with barbecued meat.
- Make a gratin: thinly slice courgettes, layer in a dish, spray with oil and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake in the oven.
- If you grow your own, enjoy the flowers – stuffed with ricotta and goats' cheese, torn and scattered through pasta, or in salads.
- Pan-fry courgettes in olive oil, add fresh peas, rocket and mint leaves. Toss and season well with black pepper and salt.
- Make a delicious pizza with courgette ribbons, fresh mozzarella, a scatter of bacon and rocket or watercress.