Kids’ special: Dairy delicious
Eating and drinking dairy every day builds your bones. The food group milk and cheese belongs to is dairy.
Nutrients in milk
- Calcium which helps build stronger bones and harder bones (bone density)
- B vitamins such as riboflavin (to give you energy) and vitamin B12 (to help produce red blood cells)
What do you remember about fibre and dairy? After reading each sentence, decide whether the sentence is talking about Fibre (F) or about Dairy (D). (See below for answers.)
- This belongs to the carbohydrate family.
- An example of this food group is cheese.
- Eating this helps you do poos.
- Good examples of this food are oats and apples.
- These foods help build bones.
Check out the other cool stuff in our Kids' specials!
Kids' special: Carbohydrates? Sweet as
Kids' special: Protein power
Kids' special: Fibre is full on!
Kids' special: Processed food
Kids' special: Water
Kids' special: Snack attack
Kids' special: Fat
ANSWERS: 1 = F, 2 = D, 3 = F, 4 = F, 5 = D
Dairy refers to any food product that comes from milk.