Create delectable dishes from around the world… and discover clever ways to use up leftover sauces and spices.
An Egyptian blend of nuts, herbs and spices.
Ideas for using dukkah
Dukkah-roasted chicken with fennel and quinoa salad
Three other ways with dukkah:
- Scatter over smashed avocado on toast
- Roll hard-boiled eggs in it for a snack
- Toss through veges before roasting
An aromatic sauce of basil, garlic and pine nuts.
Ideas for using pesto
Roasted pumpkin, feta and pesto gnocchi
Three other ways with pesto:
- Swirl a few spoons through scrambled eggs
- Spread on pizza bases or sandwiches
- Mix into plain yoghurt for a healthy dip
A Japanese seasoning of fermented soybeans.
Ideas for using miso paste
Miso-glazed roasted eggplant with sesame rice
Three other ways with miso paste:
- Add to mashed pumpkin or kumara
- Whisk with tahini and pour over coleslaw
- Stir into chicken noodle soup
An exotic mixture of spices and oil.
Ideas for using curry paste
Indian curried vegetable and chickpea soup
Three other ways with curry paste:
- Stir into pumpkin soup
- Add to mayonnaise and use it for pasta or potato salad
- Mix with peanut butter for a quick satay sauce
A North African hot chilli paste.
Ideas for using harissa
Harissa lamb stew with root vegetables
Three other ways with harissa:
- Spoon onto burgers or spread it on wraps
- Stir through tomato pasta sauce
- Mix with yoghurt and lemon to make a marinade for meat