Shop once for lunch all week
Make your lunch fast and affordable. One smart shop buys you healthy, fuss-free meals for one, for five days.
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red capsicum
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 2 lemons
- 1 avocado
- 120g bag baby rocket and spinach leaves
- 90g green beans or snow peas
- carrots (plus extra for vege sticks, optional)
- 2 celery stalks (plus extra for vege sticks, optional)
- 1 tub hummus
- 100g sliced deli-bought rare roast beef
- 140g cooked skinless chicken breast
- 1 packet wholemeal wraps
- 420g can no-added-salt brown lentils in spring water
- 250g vacuum pack baby beetroot or 450g can baby beetroot
- 125g cup microwavable brown rice
- 25g pumpkin seeds
- black pepper
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- sweet chilli sauce
Total cost of shop = $52*
(*Shopping and per serve costs may vary as the latter is based on part portions.)
- Buy extra carrots, celery and cucumber to cut into sticks and dip into leftover hummus at snack time.
- Freeze any leftover wraps for future lunches.
- Keep vinegar, olive oil and other staples at work so you can always dress a salad.
- Cook the week’s chicken breasts on Sunday night.
What’s for lunch?
Monday: Chicken, tomato and cucumber salad with hummus
Tuesday: Rare roast beef, tomato, rocket and brown rice salad
Wednesday: Chilli chicken, lentil and avocado wrap
Thursday: Rare roast beef, beetroot, cucumber and spinach wrap
Friday: Lentil, beetroot, mint and green bean salad