April 2017 issue on sale now
The April 2017 issue of Healthy Food Guide magazine is available in supermarkets and magazine retailers from Monday 20 March.
This month’s recipes
- In season: Enjoy a wealth of mandarin, swede and Brussels sprouts
- 5pm panic: Quick recipes to take the stress out of meals
- Weeknight meal planner: Dinners for two are taken care of for the week
- Nourish bowls: Creative bowls will make mealtimes tasty
- Meat-free munchies: No meat? No worries with these delicious recipes
- Jamaican flavours: Three different ways with homemade jerk chicken seasoning
- Single serve: Quick green vege pilaf
- Cancerdiets: what you need to know: Dietitian Anna Small looks at the science (or lack of it) behind diets and foods that are promoted as cures for cancer.
- Eat your words: Change the way you talk about food: Choose your words carefully and bring the joy back to eating, dietitian Brooke Longfield urges.
- Eating well when you're in pain: Five simple strategies can help reduce the suffering of people in constant physical distress. Dietitian Joanna Baker explains how.
- Should you be eating more plant based protein? More and more people are discovering the health benefits of getting their nutrients from non-animal sources, says health writer Melanie Leyshon.
- Food for thought: Editor-at-large Niki Bezzant on the best ways to boost brain power.
- Shopping savvy: What do organic labels really mean? Niki's lunch of the month, and the book review
- How much… is in that? Sodium in quick-cook noodles
- Bought vs homemade: Popcorn
… and more!