How does your heart health rate?
How is your heart health? Take the National Heart Foundation's heart health rate quiz to find out your level of risk.
1. Are you…?
- Male and older than 45 years
- Female and older than 55 years
2. Are you…?
- Male and older than 35 years…
- Female and older than 45 years…
AND have one of the following risk factors?
- Smoke tobacco (or recently stopped)
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Overweight/ obese
- Family history of cardiovascular disease: father or brother has been diagnosed with cardiovascular disease before the age of 55, mother or sister has been diagnosed with cardiovascular disease before the age of 65.
- Parents or siblings with diabetes
- Told by your doctor you are at risk of developing diabetes
- Are Maori, Pacific Island or from the Indian sub-continent or Fiji
3. Have you had…?
- A heart attack
- A stroke
- A transient ischaemic attack (TIA)
This means that you are already in a high-risk category. Modifying or changing your lifestyle can reduce your risk to help keep you healthy. You should visit your doctor every three months for a check-up.
The more times you answered "YES', the greater your risk of having a heart attack or stroke. So please see your doctor for a 'Risk Assessment'.