Easy entertaining: Fuss-free dining
We’ve taken any stress out of preparing this delicious, sit-down meal for a seamless dinner party.
- Entrée: Prawn cocktail cups
- Main: Lemon-roasted pork with garlic and basil
- Sides: Spicy cabbage and Roasted garlic vegetable mash
- Dessert: Citrus fruit-filled pancakes
- Fruit and vegetables
1 pot basil
1 red or green cabbage or 1/2 of each coloured cabbage
1 large carrot
2 garlic bulbs (plus one for garnish, if preferred)
1 small piece ginger
6 lemons (includes 1 for garnish)
18 small lettuce leaves (either one pack of ready-prepared crispy lettuce leaves or 3 baby cos lettuce)
5 oranges (includes 1 for decoration)
1 bunch parsley
1 large parsnip
3 spring onions
2 pork tenderloin fillets (between 350g- 375g each)
1 large egg
1 large carton low-fat natural yoghurt
350g frozen prawns, peeled
300ml trim milk
Peppadew diced peppers
1 jar lemon curd
- Miscellaneous – check your cupboards before you add any of these items to your list
brandy or rum, or orange juice (3 tablespoons)
flavoured oil eg. chilli
freshly ground black pepper
salt-reduced chicken stock
The day before
- Prepare pork to the end of step 4. Cover and refrigerate.
- Make pancakes. Cool thoroughly and lay between sheets of baking paper, and place in a sealed container.
In the morning
- Prepare prawns. Toss in oil, lemon juice and parsley. Then toss in dressing. Place in the fridge in a sealed container.
- Peel or scrub vegetables for vegetable mash.
- Grate zest, then peel and segment oranges for pancakes. Keep chilled, in a sealed container.
- Mix yoghurt with lemon curd. Cover and chill.
2 hours before
- Prepare vegetables/ingredients for Spicy cabbage.
- Brown pork and transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- Cook vegetables for mash. Preheat oven to 200°C. Roast garlic.
1 1/2 hours before
- Assemble mash. Keep covered in the bottom of the oven.
- Prepare cabbage. Keep covered in the pan.
1 hour before serving
- Assemble cocktail cups.
- Assemble pancakes and keep chilled.
- Cook pork 1 hour before serving to allow it to rest before slicing.